Specialty: General Surgery
Bmed Sci, University of Birmingham, England, 1996
MBChB, University of Birmingham, England, 1999
MRCS (Ed), Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2003
Board Certified, American College of Surgeons, 2013
Residency, General Surgery, University of Birmingham, England, 1999-2004
Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Research, University of Washington, Seattle, 2004-2007
Residency, general surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, 2007-2012
- Trained in advanced trauma and life support (ATLS), re-certified 2014
- Surgical Oncology: Surgery for cancer of the skin, breast and other sites
- Laparoscopic surgery: Minimally invasive surgical procedures
- Hernia surgery: Both laparoscopic and open
- Colon surgery: Both laparoscopic and open
Dr McCourtie grew up in the south of England. He is an avid soccer player, representing his country at the high school level. After attending medical school at the University of Birmingham he completed 5 years of General Surgery before moving to the United States. Three years of cardiothoracic research were followed by a General Surgical residency at the University of Washington Medical Center.
Outside of work, Dr. McCourtie is married with 2 very athletic children. In his free time he is a soccer coach with Wenatchee FC.